Tuesday, October 26

8 days left

I am ready to be home. I know, I'm being ridiculous, but I feel like I've been here forever! We've been here almost nine weeks and looking back I feel like we have done so much yet so little at the same time. I started packing last weekend. I may be a little early but at least I won't be throwing things into my suitcase haphazardly while trying to fly out the door to catch the bus. I'm trying to figure out how much I can carry in my book bag without breaking my back. I haven't bought much other than clothes as souvenirs, but I'm mainly worried about how heavy my textbooks are. If you go over the 50 pound weight limit, they can charge you a hundred euros. How ridiculous is that! But another bag up to fifty pounds is 40 euros. I may just be ignorant of the etiquette involved with flying, but that seems extreme.

I have so much to do. I have six paintings to finish, one of which I have yet to start and everything needs to be done by Monday. Not to mention my Art History final tomorrow, and my Historical Geography final and my journals are due Monday as well and a have a paper to write for my Painting class, on top of it all. I need to clean and do laundry and get all my ducks in a row. I didn't think it would be so stressful for us to leave here. We need to be ready to vacate our apartments Tuesday at midnight, or is that Wednesday? We have to catch the bus at 1 a.m. on Wednesday morning and take the three hour trip to the Rome airport. I feel like if I had a schedule that was organized I would feel so much better about this. I've also heard the customs is going to be a pain to get through, so I'm really looking forward to that part! It'll be well worth it to get home to Atlanta and see everyone though. I miss everyone so much!