Sunday, August 29

Two Days In...


I’ve only been here two days but I’m already homesick. We didn’t get off to a bang like I was hoping. We’ve mostly spent this weekend getting ready for the barrel race and getting our apartments in order. We were given a set of keys with two keys to a set, one to the outside door and one to the actual apartment. Well, as Murphy’s Law would have it, the key to the actual apartment doesn’t work, so I’m waiting until Monday to get it fixed. But tonight I was separated from my roommate for a solid two hours. We looked everywhere for her. I swear I have been up and down and all over Montepulciano no less than eight times today. It wasn’t that bad, we ended up people watching for about thirty or forty-five minutes and I had some delicious gelato.

It’s absolutely beautiful here. I’m ready to start classes though and putting to use my new Italian. I hope I’m going to be pretty fluent by the time I get back home. That would be impressive. Tonight there are parties everywhere because of the Wine Barrel Race Sunday. I can here the music even now, at almost one in the morning. The apartments here lack air-conditioning so I’ve taken to leaving the windows open at night because it’s so cool. I end up hearing everything but it’s really interesting. It’s so funny to hear some songs in Italian and some in English. Like Lady Gaga or the fact that they played “Video Killed the Radio Star.” Awesome.

I miss everyone but I’ll talk to you all soon. If you don’t have Skype, get it. My username is Sarahlea87. It’s free and I can see your beautiful faces!

Love you and miss you all.