Monday, August 23

3 days away and counting...

I am so nervous. We had the cookout at my mom's house yesterday and there was such a good turnout. I was so impressed that people cared enough to come say bye. I think the food helped too, but what do I know? I'm still not packed but I'm working on it. Just like I'm working on so many last minute things, like laundry and cleaning and homework, all that good stuff that we all love to do. I've notified my bank that I'm going out of the country three times so if they cut me off I just don't know what I'll do. I borrowed luggage from my grandma, and I bought a power adapter. Too bad my hair dryer kicked the bucket. I just can't bring myself to buy one three days before I leave. My hair doesn't look that awful when it air dries, I hope? Lauren has been such a great help on telling me what I'll need and what I can leave behind. I don't need to be the most stylish person there, I just hope that I don't need to do too much laundry.

I've had so many people tell me that I'm so lucky. And after having to think way harder on it than I should, I finally realized that they are completely right. I have a wonderful family, great friends, a good job that is insisting on my return to them as well as an amazing boyfriend and each and every one of them is in full support of this trip. I'm so amazed that I have actually made this trip happen and can not say thank you enough to everyone who has made what feels like the impossible attainable. This is the part where I get all sorts of mushy and say I am grateful to everyone for their support and well wishes. Thank you so much for being so good to me and making me believe I can do this. I'll try to write again before I leave, hopefully I'll have time! Keep me in your thoughts and prayers!